Cumbrian man, 71, charged with attempted murder
Last updated at 10:34, Monday, 14 January 2013
A 71-year-old man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder.
Norman Alan Pearson, of Egremont, was arrested on Thursday and appeared at West Cumbria Magistrates' Court in Workington on Saturday.
He was remanded in custody until January 28. The case has been sent to the crown court in Carlisle.
The charge follows an alleged incident at a property in Dent View, Egremont, reported to the police on Thursday afternoon.
A 61-year-old woman was treated at home by paramedics. She did not require hospital treatment.
First published at 10:22, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|