Cumbrian is mystery guest on Chris Evans' BBC Radio 2 show
Last updated at 10:58, Saturday, 17 May 2014
The manager of Keswick Pencil Museum made her mark when she was the “mystery guest” on Chris Evan’s breakfast show.
Alex Farthing got straight to the point when she spoke to the Radio 2 DJ after meeting him at a charity car rally last year.
Alex was invited on to the show after the station’s art correspondent Will Gompertz named the Keswick attraction as one of the UK’s best weird and wacky museums. The chat highlighted some of the museum’s more unusual exhibits, including the world’s longest coloured pencil and a recently created pencil sculpture of Evans himself.
“I met Chris for the first time last year when the team were charity fundraising at Car Fest, so it was great to be invited onto the programme,” she said. “We took a pop-up pencil museum to the Car Fest event and, while we were there, we created an epic pencil sculpture of his face.”
The sculpture, which measures 3ft sq, has been displayed in the museum, she said.
“It was an unexpected opportunity to tell him – and his 10 million listeners – more about what’s on show at the museum,” she added.
The interview was the second time the museum has been in the national spotlight in recent weeks after it featured on ITV’s Secret Escapes with Warwick Davis over the May Bank Holiday, as part of the actor’s family trip to the Lake District.
First published at 10:45, Saturday, 17 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)