Cumbrian father-of-three found hanged
Last updated at 11:31, Wednesday, 22 February 2012
A father-of-three from Maryport took his own life, an inquest heard.
Adrian Roger Naven, 30, was found dead near his home in Hillside Close, Ellenborough, on October 2 last year.
He was given CPR by paramedics and taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven by ambulance but was pronounced dead by doctors there.
Coroner David Roberts recorded the verdict after hearing evidence of Mr Naven’s troubled relationship with his partner.
Mr Naven, a drainage technician, had previously been treated for depression in 2004 but only required a short period of treatment over four weeks.
The inquest also heard of another incident in 2001 where he had cut his wrists following a row with a girlfriend but this was not a serious incident and did not require any treatment.
The inquest heard that Mr Naven, who was found hanged, had written a note before he died addressed to his three girls that expressed sorrow and appeared to be a good-bye note.
Mr Roberts said that it seemed that Mr Naven was under pressure from a number of different issues.
He added: “The note to me clearly indicated the intention to end his life.”
First published at 10:30, Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|