Cumbrian father-of-three found hanged
Last updated at 11:31, Wednesday, 22 February 2012
A father-of-three from Maryport took his own life, an inquest heard.
Adrian Roger Naven, 30, was found dead near his home in Hillside Close, Ellenborough, on October 2 last year.
He was given CPR by paramedics and taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven by ambulance but was pronounced dead by doctors there.
Coroner David Roberts recorded the verdict after hearing evidence of Mr Naven’s troubled relationship with his partner.
Mr Naven, a drainage technician, had previously been treated for depression in 2004 but only required a short period of treatment over four weeks.
The inquest also heard of another incident in 2001 where he had cut his wrists following a row with a girlfriend but this was not a serious incident and did not require any treatment.
The inquest heard that Mr Naven, who was found hanged, had written a note before he died addressed to his three girls that expressed sorrow and appeared to be a good-bye note.
Mr Roberts said that it seemed that Mr Naven was under pressure from a number of different issues.
He added: “The note to me clearly indicated the intention to end his life.”
First published at 10:30, Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)