Cumbrian fashion designer's work on sale at New Look stores
Last updated at 13:08, Thursday, 21 February 2013
A young fashion designer can now see her work displayed on the racks of a prominent High Street chain store.
Jasmin Moore, 21, helped create a top for retailer New Look while working as an intern at a London design company. She redesigned a pattern used to make the top, of which 14,000 are now on sale across the UK.
Jasmin, who lives in the west Cumbrian village of Gosforth, is studying textile design at Leeds University.
She said: “It’s the best feeling in the world to see something you have created in the shops.”
The design was her first big project during her 12-month internship with Coppernob, which began last summer.
She said: “We have a team of designers who work together.
“We buy in a lot of prints from around London and we manipulate them and the colours to make them suitable for selling in high street shops.
“I also design original artwork, but on this occasion this wasn’t one of them. The print I worked with was a very complex handpainted design. It took a bit of time to change and edit it.”
Jasmin said that while she has been working in London, she has been involved in other design projects. Her placement ends this summer and she will resume her university studies in September.
Jasmin is a former pupil of West Lakes Academy and her work has been displayed at Lowes Court Gallery, in Egremont.
First published at 13:07, Thursday, 21 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)