Cumbrian Fairy Day is magic
Published at 12:00, Tuesday, 15 July 2014
IT was a day where children could transport themselves into a fantasy world of fairies and magic.
About 700 people turned out for the fourth annual Cumbrian Fairy Day held at High Head Sculpture Valley, Ivegill, near Carlisle.
The site was split into four magical kingdoms; the Mermaid Lagoon, Treasure Island, the Dragon’s Lair and Fairy Land, where children could explore the delights on offer.
In Fairy Lane they could write letters to the fairy queen, make a wish into the wishing well and sit in the fairy throne for story time.
To complete the day of fun the children held a parade, complete with some of their favourite music.
There were also stalls for shopping and a fairy village.
The event, on Saturday, was organised by Carlisle-based host Magical Mel, whose real name is Mel Rickerby.
She said: “Everyone had such a good time. Some of the wishes said ‘we wish Magical Mel could host a fairy day every day’ and generally how amazing it was.
“It was a magical day in which magical moments were created. We can’t wait for the next one.”
But Magical Mel is not finished with creating moments this summer. She’s hosting a fairy party on Saturday at Great Orton village hall, near Carlisle, the Manor Fairy Day at Morton Manor, Carlisle, on July 24 and a Pirate Fairy Day at The Wave Centre, Maryport next month.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)