Cumbrian drug dealer will be jailed after cancer operations
Last updated at 11:37, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
A woman drug dealer has been told she will be sent to prison – as soon as she has had two urgent operations for cancer.
Jacqueline Wigham, 31, is due to have surgery for mouth cancer next month.
And, although a judge at Carlisle Crown Court told her prison was inevitable for the drug-dealing offences she admitted, he agreed to postpone sentencing her until after she has come out of hospital.
Judge Peter Hughes QC said it would be wrong to send her to prison now if it meant risking interfering with such important treatment.
“The offences to which you have pleaded guilty are very serious but because of the operations you need to have I am going to put back sentencing for a longer period than usual.”
Wigham, of Cusack Crescent, Workington, was remanded on bail and will be sentenced on October 5.
She had pleaded guilty to supplying four and three-quarter tablets of Ecstasy, a class A drug, supplying a further amount of Ecstasy, and supplying a variety of plant food that is a class B drug She also admitted possessing plant food and possessing two and a quarter Ecstasy tablets, all for her own use.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)