Dad headbutted mum for spending too much time with new baby
Last updated at 11:39, Tuesday, 31 July 2012
A father who was jealous that his partner was spending more time with their new baby than him, headbutted her after a night of drinking.
Steven John Taylor, 25, of Cross Lane, Penrith, admitted assaulting Sian Baglee when he appeared in court earlier this month.
He returned to court where he was given an 18-month community sentence.
Pam Ward, prosecuting, told magistrates in Carlisle that on June 24 the couple had been to a relative’s house where Taylor was drinking vodka and whisky.
Ms Baglee left first to take the baby home with Taylor returning to the house later. When he got home she asked him to stay somewhere else, because she was concerned at his drinking.
Taylor told her he had not come home for a fight, then threw a pram towards the living room where Ms Baglee and the baby were. He then headbutted her to the side of her face.
Mrs Ward described how Ms Baglee became frightened as his “tantrum” continued.
During police interview Taylor said he was sorry and said he had been “reckless”. He had stopped drinking whisky since the incident.
Simon Marsh, defending, told the court that Taylor was a hard working man and that the behaviour was out of character.
He said the headbutt was not deliberate but was a clash of heads.
Ms Baglee was in court for the hearing and the magistrates were told the couple were back together again.
Taylor was sentenced to a community order lasting 18-months.
First published at 11:26, Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)