Cumbrian couple charged with neglecting five children
Last updated at 12:14, Friday, 25 April 2014
A couple from Workington have been charged with neglecting five children.
The two, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, face five charges of causing the children to be assaulted, ill treated, neglected or abandoned on February 5 this year.
The case was listed at Workington magistrates court on Wednesday and adjourned until yesterday when the pair appeared.
They did not enter any pleas to the charges and the case was sent to Carlisle Crown Court for a hearing in July.
First published at 12:13, Friday, 25 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|