Cumbrian boy, 11, phoned police after mum smacked him
Last updated at 12:15, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A mother smacked her 11-year-old son and called him a weirdo after he couldn’t help look after his younger brother.
The woman hit him four or five times on his back and he phoned police to report an assault.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tried to lift his brother but was unable to.
Defence solicitor Gail Heard said the mum admitted slapping her son because he had been “back-chatting and swearing at her.”
She pleaded guilty to the assault and ill-treatment of a child under 16 in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury his health.
Magistrates adjourned the case until April 16.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)