Cumbrian boy, 11, phoned police after mum smacked him
Last updated at 12:15, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A mother smacked her 11-year-old son and called him a weirdo after he couldn’t help look after his younger brother.
The woman hit him four or five times on his back and he phoned police to report an assault.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tried to lift his brother but was unable to.
Defence solicitor Gail Heard said the mum admitted slapping her son because he had been “back-chatting and swearing at her.”
She pleaded guilty to the assault and ill-treatment of a child under 16 in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury his health.
Magistrates adjourned the case until April 16.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)