Cumbrian boy, 11, phoned police after mum smacked him
Last updated at 12:15, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A mother smacked her 11-year-old son and called him a weirdo after he couldn’t help look after his younger brother.
The woman hit him four or five times on his back and he phoned police to report an assault.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tried to lift his brother but was unable to.
Defence solicitor Gail Heard said the mum admitted slapping her son because he had been “back-chatting and swearing at her.”
She pleaded guilty to the assault and ill-treatment of a child under 16 in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury his health.
Magistrates adjourned the case until April 16.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (48 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)