Cumbrian boy, 11, phoned police after mum smacked him
Last updated at 12:15, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A mother smacked her 11-year-old son and called him a weirdo after he couldn’t help look after his younger brother.
The woman hit him four or five times on his back and he phoned police to report an assault.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tried to lift his brother but was unable to.
Defence solicitor Gail Heard said the mum admitted slapping her son because he had been “back-chatting and swearing at her.”
She pleaded guilty to the assault and ill-treatment of a child under 16 in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury his health.
Magistrates adjourned the case until April 16.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|