Cumbrian BNP activists charged with racially aggravated offence
Last updated at 13:54, Friday, 02 August 2013
Two BNP activists have been charged with racially aggravated public order after an investigation into election leaflets.
Forty-six-year-old Clive Jefferson, of Slatefell Drive, Cockermouth and Dawn Charlton, 49, of Ewanrigg Road, Maryport, will appear in court later this month.
Both have been charged with a section five public order offence.
They were arrested on Wednesday morning as part of a police probe into leaflets distributed in Maryport in the run-up to May’s district elections.
First published at 13:50, Friday, 02 August 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|