Cumbrian 44-year-old accused of breaking man's leg with kick
Last updated at 12:05, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
A man has appeared at Carlisle Crown Court accused of breaking another man’s leg with a kick.
Peter John Elliott, 44, of Pinewood House, Heights, Appleby, was charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on Stuart Challoner during an incident at Appleby on September 18.
Elliott was expected to enter a plea to the charge when he appeared for a case management hearing yesterday.
But the case was adjourned until March 12 when Elliott, who was not legally represented, said he wanted a lawyer to help him prepare his defence.
In the meantime Elliott was allowed bail on condition that he does not contact potential prosecution witnesses or enter the Hare and Hounds pub in Appleby.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)