Cumbrian 44-year-old accused of breaking man's leg with kick
Last updated at 12:05, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
A man has appeared at Carlisle Crown Court accused of breaking another man’s leg with a kick.
Peter John Elliott, 44, of Pinewood House, Heights, Appleby, was charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on Stuart Challoner during an incident at Appleby on September 18.
Elliott was expected to enter a plea to the charge when he appeared for a case management hearing yesterday.
But the case was adjourned until March 12 when Elliott, who was not legally represented, said he wanted a lawyer to help him prepare his defence.
In the meantime Elliott was allowed bail on condition that he does not contact potential prosecution witnesses or enter the Hare and Hounds pub in Appleby.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|