Cumbrian 44-year-old accused of breaking man's leg with kick
Last updated at 12:05, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
A man has appeared at Carlisle Crown Court accused of breaking another man’s leg with a kick.
Peter John Elliott, 44, of Pinewood House, Heights, Appleby, was charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on Stuart Challoner during an incident at Appleby on September 18.
Elliott was expected to enter a plea to the charge when he appeared for a case management hearing yesterday.
But the case was adjourned until March 12 when Elliott, who was not legally represented, said he wanted a lawyer to help him prepare his defence.
In the meantime Elliott was allowed bail on condition that he does not contact potential prosecution witnesses or enter the Hare and Hounds pub in Appleby.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)