Cumbria rescue teams called to wasp sting and asthma attack
Published at 17:52, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
A teenage girl required hospital treatment after suffering an asthma attack while out walking.
Patterdale mountain rescue team was called at about 2.35pm today by Cumbria police to help the 16-year-old.
Ambulance crews were on scene and the Pride of Cumbria Great North Air Ambulance was also called to help.
The girl was treated by an ambulance doctor and, once stabilised, was carried by stretcher to the team's Land Rover.
She was later transferred to an ambulance and taken to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary.
And in a separate incident, a rescue operation was launched after a man was stung by a wasp.
The 62-year-old had been walking with friends near High Dodd, above Ullswater.
The emergency call for assistance came at about 3pm when the North West Ambulance Service asked for support from mountain rescue teams.
Patterdale volunteers were called but were busy dealing with the teenage girl.
Penrith rescue team found the man and he was treated on scene.
He was able to walk off the fell and the volunteers offered to drive him back to his car in Patterdale.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years