Cumbria rail line closed after crash
Last updated at 11:56, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
The Carlisle to Whitehaven rail line was closed after a car hit a bridge in Wigton.
The 2.20pm service from Carlisle to west Cumbria was delayed while Network Rail engineers checked the bridge near Wigton station yesterday.
Only minor damage was found and the Northern Rail services were restored later by 3.30pm.
Meanwhile a signalling problem caused disruption between Carlisle and Appleby at about 4.10pm yesterday.
It meant trains between the city and Leeds were delayed by up to 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day a broken down freight train at Penrith caused 45 minute hold-ups on the Carlisle to Lancaster line.
First published at 11:40, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|