Cumbria rail line closed after crash
Last updated at 11:56, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
The Carlisle to Whitehaven rail line was closed after a car hit a bridge in Wigton.
The 2.20pm service from Carlisle to west Cumbria was delayed while Network Rail engineers checked the bridge near Wigton station yesterday.
Only minor damage was found and the Northern Rail services were restored later by 3.30pm.
Meanwhile a signalling problem caused disruption between Carlisle and Appleby at about 4.10pm yesterday.
It meant trains between the city and Leeds were delayed by up to 20 minutes.
Earlier in the day a broken down freight train at Penrith caused 45 minute hold-ups on the Carlisle to Lancaster line.
First published at 11:40, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years