Cumbria police probe man's death near path
Last updated at 15:15, Monday, 05 November 2012
A man has been found dead near a footpath in west Cumbria.
Police were alerted after the body of Gary Murphy, aged 29, was discovered at the back of The Crescent, Cleator Moor, at 7am today.
An ambulance attended but Mr Murphy, of the Hawthorns, Cleator Moor, was pronounced dead at the scene.
There are no suspicious circumstances. The coroner has been informed.
First published at 12:14, Monday, 05 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"