Cumbria police officer cleared in fraud probe
Last updated at 17:20, Monday, 09 June 2014
Cumbria police have cleared an officer suspended after allegations of fraud.
The force confirmed this evening that a 39-year-old man arrested on suspicion of fraud will face no further investigation.
A male and female officer, both serving at Barrow police station, were arrested on May 28.
Police have said they cannot confirm their identity but confirmed the male officer and 36-year-old female officer were both suspended from duty.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of fraud and theft while the man was arrested on suspicion of fraud. Police said the allegations related to an incident that took place between May 10 and May 16.
A force statement said: "As a result of police enquiries, the 39-year-old man from Barrow who was arrested on suspicion of fraud will face no further action and he has had his bail cancelled.
"His suspension has been lifted and he is now due to return to normal duties with immediate effect."
The investigation into the female officer is ongoing and she remains suspended.
Cumbria police’s professional standards department is investigating.
First published at 11:49, Monday, 09 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)