Cumbria police name man killed in collision
Last updated at 15:38, Monday, 26 March 2012
Police have named a man who died after a road collision in west Cumbria.
Raymond John Pattinson, aged 20, from Edinburgh Road, Maryport, died in hospital from head injuries he received in the crash.
His family today paid tribute to a “fabulous son, grandson, brother and uncle.”
The crash happened on the B5300 road - Main Street at Allonby - at about 7.45pm and involved a Suzuki Swift car and pedestrian Mr Pattinson.
The road was closed until shortly before midnight in both directions between the Wigton Road junction and the Moss Lane junction.
In a statement today, his family said: “Ray was a fabulous son, grandson, brother and uncle. He enjoyed life to the full and was a keen Arsenal supporter and was devoted to his team.
“Ray had many friends and spent most of his spare time in Allonby where he enjoyed playing football and socialising. He was lovable, sensitive and very kind.
“Ray leaves behind his mother Romar, father Raymond, stepfather Trevor and grandparents Yvonne, John and Gerald.
"He also leaves his brothers and sisters Wayne, Marcus, Dale, Hannah, Emma, Katharyn, Jaedon and brother-in-laws Carl and Scott and sister-in-law Amy.
"He was also a caring uncle to Braedon, Bailey Jay, Oliver, Warren, Lilly Mae, Maegan, Michaela, Keelie, Chloe and Carly.
“Ray will be sadly missed by all including his aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends.”
Cumbria police have urged any witnesses to contact PC John Powell in the Roads Policing Unit at Workington on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The car driver, a 20-year-old man from Allonby, has been interviewed by police.
First published at 20:45, Sunday, 25 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- Carlisle star Matt Pagan gutted as Collabro Xmas lights switch-on called off (34 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|