Cumbria police issue strong winds warning
Last updated at 17:34, Sunday, 29 April 2012
Strong winds are making driving hazardous in exposed parts of the county, police have warned.
Traffic officers have today been called to a number of weather related accidents.
They include ones on the A66 near Stainmore where a caravan and a van were blown over this morning.
Nobody was injured in either accident.
Police are now advising drivers of any high sided vehicles to avoid the A66 in that area.
In some parts of the county, wind is gusting at up to 50mph.
Conditions on the M6 between junctions 37 and 39 are also said to be hazardous because of wind and rain and the speed limit is currently 50mph.
First published at 16:50, Sunday, 29 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)