Woman motorist attacked by man she stopped to help
Published at 11:30, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
A woman motorist who stopped to help a man who flagged her down was attacked in her car.
The 33-year-old woman was between Stainburn in Workington and Brigham on her way to Cockermouth when the man, who was in a lay-by, urged her to pull over.
He got into her car and told her to turn around and drive towards Workington.
To make her comply, he pulled her hair.
The man got out of the car near the Stainburn roundabout.
The woman was left shocked but unhurt.
The man is described as about 20 years old, 5ft 9in tall, of slim build, with short dark hair. He was wearing black trousers and a black jacket with a hood. He did not have a local accent.
DCI Keith Capstick said: “We are appealing for witnesses to help us catch this man. He has somehow got to the lay-by in the first place and someone may have seen him or given him a lift before the incident.
“He left Stainburn on foot sometime between 7.45pm and 8.10pm and someone may have seen him. The victim is obviously shaken by the incident after she had stopped as a Good Samaritan."
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)