Cumbria police dealing with spate of accidents
Published at 08:53, Friday, 07 December 2012
Police were called to around six crashes on roads in north Cumbria this morning.
A force spokeswoman said they received the calls at around 8am at various locations, including Wigton and Longtown.
One car also left the road at Moorhouse Road in Carlisle but the driver managed to get out before the fire service arrived, a spokeswoman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service said.
The force has advised motorists to take care travelling into work this morning due to the icy conditions.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (72 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (100 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (93 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (60 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (6 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|