Cumbria police dealing with spate of accidents
Published at 08:53, Friday, 07 December 2012
Police were called to around six crashes on roads in north Cumbria this morning.
A force spokeswoman said they received the calls at around 8am at various locations, including Wigton and Longtown.
One car also left the road at Moorhouse Road in Carlisle but the driver managed to get out before the fire service arrived, a spokeswoman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service said.
The force has advised motorists to take care travelling into work this morning due to the icy conditions.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years