Cumbria police confirm body is missing teen Callum Chapman
Last updated at 20:46, Tuesday, 17 December 2013
A body found near Maryport golf course is that of missing teenager Callum Chapman, police have confirmed.
Formal identification of the 17-year-old took place earlier this evening.
His body was found by a member of the public on the beach at about 12.30pm today.
There are no suspicious circumstances and the coroner has been informed.
Originally from Grimsby, Callum was last seen at a relative’s house in Maryport at 3.50am on Sunday.
A search was begun and appeals issued for him or anyone who knew where he was to get in touch.
Maryport’s Coastguard Rescue Team and colleagues from Whitehaven carried out a search that covered the river, the harbour, marina and shoreline from north of Allonby to south of Maryport.
A police spokesman had said they believed the teenager might have been trying to return to his home in Holton-le-Clay but they were increasingly worried for his safety because he was not familiar with the area.
Anyone who saw Callum should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0845 3300247.
First published at 14:03, Tuesday, 17 December 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)