Missing man found safe and well in Carlisle
Last updated at 09:07, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A missing man who prompted a major search of the Cumbrian coast has been found safe and well.
The effort to find Daniel Boyle, from Carlisle, got underway on Sunday night after his car was found abandoned on the main car park at St Bees.
Coastguard staff and an RNLI lifeboat team scoured the area.
But that sea and coast search was called off yesterday after police investigating Mr Boyle's disappearance uncovered information suggesting he may have traveled inland to Whitehaven and possibly Carlisle.
They said they were "extremely concerned" for his safety.
He was found at a property in Carlisle last night, said police this morning.
Mr Boyle's black Ford Focus had been discovered at 8.10pm but there was no trace of him.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said officers were extremely concerned for his welfare and urged anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts to contact them as a matter of urgency.
Members of the public were asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary control room.
First published at 10:33, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (105 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (44 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (36 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers (10 comments)
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (7 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)