Missing man found safe and well in Carlisle
Last updated at 09:07, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A missing man who prompted a major search of the Cumbrian coast has been found safe and well.
The effort to find Daniel Boyle, from Carlisle, got underway on Sunday night after his car was found abandoned on the main car park at St Bees.
Coastguard staff and an RNLI lifeboat team scoured the area.
But that sea and coast search was called off yesterday after police investigating Mr Boyle's disappearance uncovered information suggesting he may have traveled inland to Whitehaven and possibly Carlisle.
They said they were "extremely concerned" for his safety.
He was found at a property in Carlisle last night, said police this morning.
Mr Boyle's black Ford Focus had been discovered at 8.10pm but there was no trace of him.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said officers were extremely concerned for his welfare and urged anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts to contact them as a matter of urgency.
Members of the public were asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary control room.
First published at 10:33, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)