Cumbria police cancel bail for man arrested on suspicion of murder
Published at 08:51, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in her Cumbrian flat has been released without charge.
Police arrested the 28-year-old Workington man following the sudden death of Demi Burns at Newlands Gardens, Workington, on November 11.
They confirmed today that he has now had his bail cancelled, meaning no further action will be taken against him.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Miss Burns' death is ongoing, says the force.
Tributes have been paid to pregnant Miss Burns, 21, who was originally from Whitehaven and a former St Benedict’s School pupil.
Her family said was a "beautiful, caring young woman" who always put others before herself.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death.
An inquest into her death has been opened and adjourned.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|