Cumbria police cancel bail for man arrested on suspicion of murder
Published at 08:51, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in her Cumbrian flat has been released without charge.
Police arrested the 28-year-old Workington man following the sudden death of Demi Burns at Newlands Gardens, Workington, on November 11.
They confirmed today that he has now had his bail cancelled, meaning no further action will be taken against him.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Miss Burns' death is ongoing, says the force.
Tributes have been paid to pregnant Miss Burns, 21, who was originally from Whitehaven and a former St Benedict’s School pupil.
Her family said was a "beautiful, caring young woman" who always put others before herself.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death.
An inquest into her death has been opened and adjourned.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|