Cumbria police cancel bail for man arrested on suspicion of murder
Published at 08:51, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in her Cumbrian flat has been released without charge.
Police arrested the 28-year-old Workington man following the sudden death of Demi Burns at Newlands Gardens, Workington, on November 11.
They confirmed today that he has now had his bail cancelled, meaning no further action will be taken against him.
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Miss Burns' death is ongoing, says the force.
Tributes have been paid to pregnant Miss Burns, 21, who was originally from Whitehaven and a former St Benedict’s School pupil.
Her family said was a "beautiful, caring young woman" who always put others before herself.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death.
An inquest into her death has been opened and adjourned.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)