Cumbria police appeal to find fatal crash witness
Published at 16:30, Monday, 21 January 2013
Police investigating a fatal road crash have appealed for a female witness to come forward.
Officers believe the woman may have important information about the collision that led to the death of pedestrian Jim Smith.
Mr Smith, 54, of Hyde Street, Workington, was struck by a grey Honda CR-V car on the town's Oxford Street at 5.45pm last Tuesday. He received serious head injuries and died in hospital the next day.
Inspector Andy Wilkinson said: “As part of our investigation it has come to light that there was a woman who was talking to local people inside or close to the local fish and chip shop, Park Fisheries, on Oxford Street, shortly after the collision.
"We are informed that this woman believed she had seen Mr Smith before the collision took place and it is really important that we speak to her.
“She is described as having long red hair, aged in her mid 40s and was wearing smart clothing.
"If this was you or if you think you know who this woman is, contact me or one of my colleagues in the roads policing unit by dialling 101.”
The Honda driver, a 50-year-old woman from Workington, was arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and attention and has since been released on bail.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)