Cumbria police appeal to find fatal crash witness
Published at 16:30, Monday, 21 January 2013
Police investigating a fatal road crash have appealed for a female witness to come forward.
Officers believe the woman may have important information about the collision that led to the death of pedestrian Jim Smith.
Mr Smith, 54, of Hyde Street, Workington, was struck by a grey Honda CR-V car on the town's Oxford Street at 5.45pm last Tuesday. He received serious head injuries and died in hospital the next day.
Inspector Andy Wilkinson said: “As part of our investigation it has come to light that there was a woman who was talking to local people inside or close to the local fish and chip shop, Park Fisheries, on Oxford Street, shortly after the collision.
"We are informed that this woman believed she had seen Mr Smith before the collision took place and it is really important that we speak to her.
“She is described as having long red hair, aged in her mid 40s and was wearing smart clothing.
"If this was you or if you think you know who this woman is, contact me or one of my colleagues in the roads policing unit by dialling 101.”
The Honda driver, a 50-year-old woman from Workington, was arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and attention and has since been released on bail.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|