Cruise West Cumbria meeting hailed as 'great night'
Last updated at 12:20, Monday, 02 September 2013
A convoy of car fans cruised across Cumbria as part of a 10th anniversary gathering.
Dozens of petrol-heads polished their spoilers and got their exhausts sparkling ahead of two parades of motors leaving Carlisle’s Kingstown Industrial Estate and Aspatria.
People from across the county, the north east, Lancashire and Scotland took part in the get-together at the Central Station car park in Workington on Saturday night.
It was the latest event organised by Cruise West Cumbria, which describes itself as helping to bridge the gap between so-called cruisers, the police, media and authorities.
The car club is marking its 10th anniversary and motorists had gathered at Kingstown to meet and check out each other’s cars and engines before heading into west Cumbria.
Bonnets were popped up to get a look inside and alloys glinted in the evening sunlight. Organisers said they stayed in touch with police throughout the night.
A spokesman said it was a “great night”, adding: “We thought it went really well.
“It was good to see a lot of old faces. People came from all parts of the country.”
Although initially set up in west Cumbria in 2003, Cruise West Cumbria quickly spread to encompass the entire county.
First published at 12:19, Monday, 02 September 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)