Couple tango down the aisle
Last updated at 11:50, Thursday, 03 January 2013
A couple tangoed down the aisle as they tied the knot at at picturesque Cumbrian church.
Tanya Marsden and Howard Laing, of Ireby, both teach the tango in the surrounding area and were married at All Saints Church, Boltongate.
And the celebration of their nuptials on Saturday was appropriate, given how they met.
Their paths first crossed while learning to tango themselves – a skill they’ve since passed on to others in the Ireby area.
Tanya, who wore a striking dress, said: “We met on the dancefloor in Newcastle and we moved over to Cumbria teaching the tango to Cumbrians.
“We’d both always been interested in dance. Howard has been dancing since he was four and I started when I was about eight when I did ballet.
“It was just one of those fluke discoveries when there was an Argentinean over in Newcastle and he started teaching it.”
Friends and family watched intently as the couple opted to dance out of the church, rather than the traditional first walk as man and wife.
Tanya said that they had been together for about 10 years and the time seemed right for them to get married.
Music was, of course, to the fore with a choir adding to the entertainment. The service, conducted by the Rev Keith Teasdale, was followed by a reception at the Globe Hall with lots of tango music and dancing.
The couple are planning a honeymoon in Argentina – where the tango originated.
First published at 11:23, Monday, 31 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)