Couple tango down the aisle
Last updated at 11:50, Thursday, 03 January 2013
A couple tangoed down the aisle as they tied the knot at at picturesque Cumbrian church.
Tanya Marsden and Howard Laing, of Ireby, both teach the tango in the surrounding area and were married at All Saints Church, Boltongate.
And the celebration of their nuptials on Saturday was appropriate, given how they met.
Their paths first crossed while learning to tango themselves – a skill they’ve since passed on to others in the Ireby area.
Tanya, who wore a striking dress, said: “We met on the dancefloor in Newcastle and we moved over to Cumbria teaching the tango to Cumbrians.
“We’d both always been interested in dance. Howard has been dancing since he was four and I started when I was about eight when I did ballet.
“It was just one of those fluke discoveries when there was an Argentinean over in Newcastle and he started teaching it.”
Friends and family watched intently as the couple opted to dance out of the church, rather than the traditional first walk as man and wife.
Tanya said that they had been together for about 10 years and the time seemed right for them to get married.
Music was, of course, to the fore with a choir adding to the entertainment. The service, conducted by the Rev Keith Teasdale, was followed by a reception at the Globe Hall with lots of tango music and dancing.
The couple are planning a honeymoon in Argentina – where the tango originated.
First published at 11:23, Monday, 31 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (5 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (25 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (17 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (39 comments)
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (20 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (53 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (33 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
Court & crime
- Teenage motorist caught in Carlisle nearly three times drink-drive limit
- Carlisle driver so drunk he didn’t recall getting into car
- Carlisle man's £279 bill after damaging £29 pillow in police cell
- Carlisle arsonist told to expect jail for endangering her parents lives
- Party man left fighting for life after being stabbed in stomach
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Chef who hanged himself faced trial for four child sex charges
- Late show fells Millom
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- BOMB TEAM CALLED TO SEASCALE BEACH
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Holker rock Blackpool
- Dowdales school
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Help your pet to enjoy summer
- Fire boss grilled over future of Dalton fire station