Couple's Christmas baby joy
Last updated at 11:44, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Santa brought the perfect Christmas present for Paul Dobinson and Natalie McDowell – a baby daughter Freya.
She arrived at 10.20am on Christmas Day weighing 9lb 8.5oz, the day’s only delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
Proud dad Paul, 28, said: “She was due on December 11 so we never expected her to be born on Christmas Day.
“She’s the perfect Christmas present.
“We’ve been in the hospital since three o’clock on Sunday morning.
“Natalie had some pain and they kind of pushed her on.
“It’s been a long one. We’re just relieved now she’s here.”
The couple live in Blackburn Street, Workington.
Paul is a printing-plate maker and Natalie, 25, a tax adviser. Freya is their first child.
She was the only Christmas Day delivery at the West Cumberland Hospital.
There was also one Christmas Day arrival at the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle, a baby girl born at 5pm.
First published at 11:18, Friday, 28 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|