Couple assaulted outside Carlisle takeaway
Published at 14:35, Sunday, 10 August 2014
Police in Carlisle are hunting two men following a serious assault outside one of the city’s takeaways.
It was at 9pm last night (Saturday August 9) outside the Golden Pheasant in Caldewgate and a man and a woman were pushed to the ground during the attack.
A Cumbria police spokesman said that the man was kicked and stamped to the head and body and he suffered a fractured left ankle during the incident.
The first suspect was described as having tanned skin, was more than 6ft tall, stocky, in his late 30s or early 40s, had a bald head and was wearing a light coloured top.
The second was a white man, about 30-years-old, 5ft 6ins tall, stocky build, dark hair in the style of a crew cut, was wearing dark clothing and was carrying a dark rucksack.
Anyone who saw the incident or has any information should contact police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)