Contractor airlifted to Newcastle hospital after plunging from Nestle factory roof
Last updated at 16:54, Friday, 22 February 2013
A contractor was seriously injured when he plunged 30ft from a roof at the Nestlé factory at Dalston.
He was airlifted to the Royal Victory Infirmary in Newcastle with suspected facial, pelvic and leg injuries.
His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.
The accident happened shortly after 10am today.
It is understood that the casualty, thought to be in his twenties, is from the Carlisle area.
He was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics and a Basics doctor before being flown to hospital by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance.
A Nestlé spokesman said: “The safety and health of every employee, contractor and visitor is of paramount importance to us.”
We are currently co-operating with the Health and Safety Executive and our contractors to understand how this incident has happened.”
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation.
Its inspectors have already visited the site.
First published at 14:30, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)