'Confused' Carlisle man caught driving while banned
Last updated at 12:06, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A man caught driving when he was banned told police he was “confused”.
Michael William Turnbull, 38, of Close Street, Carlisle was stopped by police on August 8 near the crossroads at Durdar.
Magistrates in Carlisle were told he was banned from driving for 15 months last year until August 14 this year – just six days after he was caught.
Turnbull, who admitted driving while disqualified without insurance, told the court that he was “confused” in thinking his ban was only for one year.
He was banned from driving for a further six months and put under a night-time curfew for two months.
First published at 12:04, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|