Come Dine With Me: Jimmy Choos, Gucci suit and prawns on an open fire
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
A sheepdog trainer said she had “such a laugh” filming the Cumbrian series of Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me.
Katy Cropper features in tomorrow night’s episode when she cooks up a feast for four other contestants.
Katy, of Shap, said: “We filmed the series in November and I think they’ve waited until now to show it on TV because we had such fun. It was a real laugh.
“I don’t take myself too seriously so I really enjoyed it and I wore my Jimmy Choos and my Gucci suit – which I don’t get to wear very often.”
Katy stars alongside Andrew Carruthers, 45, who works at Workington’s Washington Central Hotel, fitness fanatic Jonny Thompson, former Rheged marketing manager Holly Venning and Workington estate agent Wendy Tinnion.
Katy, who is the only woman to ever win BBC TV’s One Man And His Dog, said: “I cooked prawns outside on an open gypsy fire for my starter, but none of the contestants got to see that.
“There was a gypsy caravan in the background as well.
“I wanted to call them Come a Cropper Prawns but they wouldn’t let me.”
For the main course, Katy dished up ribeye beef.
“I overcooked it,” she said.
For dessert Katy whipped up a mix of meringue and cream.
“I overwhipped the cream so the whole thing wasn’t so good,” she said.
With each course Katy served a different wine.
She said: “I went for a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to go with the starter and then a nice Medoc to go with the beef, a pudding wine and loads of Bollinger champagne. We had a lot to drink.
“I entertained the guests by having sheep in the kitchen.
“The days were quite long because they pick you up at 3pm and you don’t get home until about 5am but it was well worth it.
“Everyone else had the week off but I had to get up and sort my kennels so I was quite tired.”
Each episode is on at 5.30pm.
First published at 14:37, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years