Climbers hurt in two Lakeland falls
Published at 19:25, Friday, 20 June 2014
THE Pride of Cumbria air ambulance and mountain rescuers from Keswick were called to help at the scene of two separate climbing accidents earlier today.
The first was at Black Cragg in Borrowdale where a woman, thought to be in her 20s, had fallen whilst climbing shortly before 11am.
She suffered lower leg injuries and was treated at the scene by members of Keswick Mountain Rescue Team and medics from the Great North Air Ambulance Service.
She was then winched from the scene by an RAF helicopter and flown to hospital in Carlisle for treatment.
Her injuries have been described as non life threatening.
Later on, around 2pm, the air ambulance was called to help Keswick volunteers at Castle Rock, Thirlmere, where a 48-year-old climber had fallen.
The man, from Lincoln, sustained head and back injuries.
He too was winched from the scene and flown to hospital in Carlisle by an RAF helicopter.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)