CCTV appeal after safe snatched from Cumbrian garage
Last updated at 12:20, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Police are appealing for businesses who may have CCTV footage of roads in Keswick to help catch thieves who snatched a safe.
Officers say that a large safe was removed from the premises of Keswick Motor Company, in Lake Road, on Monday night or early Tuesday.
The safe contained a substantial amount of cash and documents. Tthe thieves had to break down two doors to get to it.
A force spokeswoman said: “It is likely that transport will have been used to move the safe out of Keswick.
“We have launched an investigation and would be grateful for anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity or vehicles in the area to come forward.”
Businesses who may have CCTV footage that covers the roads out of Keswick are asked to contact West Cumbria CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- The rise and fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation (17 comments)
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (51 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (11 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (33 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (11 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (25 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (68 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|