Carlisle woman stuck on scaffolding arrested
Last updated at 13:59, Friday, 09 November 2012
A woman who had been drinking and got stuck on the top of scaffolding has been arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.
The 47-year-old woman from Carlisle became stranded on the scaffolding on Petteril Bank Road in the Harraby area of the city.
The woman was in custody yesterday.
A spokesman from the ambulance service described her as “under the influence”, while police have said she was “intoxicated”.
A police spokeswoman said that she was “refusing come down” but added that it looked as if the she had tried to come part of the way down.
Workmen on the site called the police at 11.45am.
First published at 13:51, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)