Carlisle woman stuck on scaffolding arrested
Last updated at 13:59, Friday, 09 November 2012
A woman who had been drinking and got stuck on the top of scaffolding has been arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.
The 47-year-old woman from Carlisle became stranded on the scaffolding on Petteril Bank Road in the Harraby area of the city.
The woman was in custody yesterday.
A spokesman from the ambulance service described her as “under the influence”, while police have said she was “intoxicated”.
A police spokeswoman said that she was “refusing come down” but added that it looked as if the she had tried to come part of the way down.
Workmen on the site called the police at 11.45am.
First published at 13:51, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (48 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)