Carlisle woman jailed for unprovoked attack
Published at 11:16, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
A Carlisle woman has been sent to prison for 26 weeks.
Sarah Louise Richardson, 21, of Linden Terrace, denied a charge, jointly with another of assaulting a woman but was found guilty after a trial at North Cumbria magistrates court.
Magistrates jailed her after hearing of her previous record, the serious injury involved and the fact that the attack was unprovoked.
She was also ordered to pay £150 compensation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)