Carlisle son back harassing parents
Last updated at 14:43, Wednesday, 09 May 2012
The parents of a 41-year-old man banned from seeing them only feel safe when he is in prison, a court heard.
Carlisle magistrates heard how Alan Turner was forbidden from contacting his parents or going within 50 metres of their Harraby home after repeated harassment.
Turner has appeared in court again after he went to their house at 3am on Friday and starting banging and kicking the front door, asking to be let in.
He told them he had found hostel accommodation in Whitehaven but had no money to get there.
His father, also called Alan, gave him £40 and he left, prosecutor Pam Ward said.
She said he returned at 3.30am on Sunday and was shouting through the letter box and banging on the door. He left by taxi and was later arrested by police.
The court heard how Turner had breached the two-year restraining order 11 times.
Turner was told by magistrates he caused ‘significant psychological harm’ to his parents.
The case was sent to Crown Court on June 8 and he was remanded in custody.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 09 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|