Carlisle Sands Centre quiz kings crowned
Published at 12:08, Monday, 20 January 2014
A team from the Harraby Catholic Club in Carlisle clinched a thrilling victory in the Sands Team Quiz at the city’s Sands Centre last night.
The 29th annual event, sponsored by Scottish & Newcastle UK, featured 105 teams of four and eight rounds of questions on topics including sport, pop music, TV themes and films.
The Harraby Catholic Club team of Dennis Bewley, Peter Conner, Sheena McGrandles and Peter Glanville triumphed with 252 points out of a possible 310, two clear of second place and three of third.
The regulars in the Carlisle Quiz League, came fourth last year.
This year’s second place team was Burnside Raiders while, after a tense tie-break, the Team With No Name (one of two so-called) took the third spot.
For full results and more pictures from last night’s event, don’t miss the News & Star tomorrow.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years