Carlisle's only four-star hotel sold
Last updated at 12:01, Friday, 18 July 2014
Carlisle's only four-star hotel, the Hallmark in Court Square, has been sold in a £75m deal.
The hotel is part of the eight-strong Hallmark Hotels chain, which has been sold by private-equity firm Bridgepoint to property company Topland.
Bridgepoint has owned the business since 2007.
It acquired the 70-bedroom Lakes Court Hotel from Carlisle businessman Ged Crooks in 2009.
Hallmark’s portfolio also includes hotels in Gloucester, Manchester and Derby.
First published at 11:58, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)