Carlisle's 911 star Lee Brennan reveals heartache
Last updated at 11:40, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Carlisle boyband star Lee Brennan has revealed he would love to reconcile with his wife.
Lee, who shot to fame in the 1990s with band 911, revealed his marriage to B*witched singer Lindsay Armaou was over.
He said they split in 2011 but, interviewed on the Big Reunion TV show, said that if she asked him to get back together “I would.”
Almost in tears, Lee, 38, said: “She’s my wife, I love her, but reality says probably not going to happen.”
Lee and bandmates Jimmy Constable and Spike Dawbarn featured on the ITV2 show alongside Atomic Kitten and 5ive.
Lindsay will also be part of the show with B*Witched. The couple married in 2006 and Lee described her as “very calm and serene, very elegant.”
Lee, who grew up in Harraby and Currock and is an avid Carlisle United supporter, said Spike had been “the worst” with women when the band was at its height of fame.
“Jimmy was naughty but Spike was the worst,” he said.
Jimmy described himself as a ‘walking hormone'.
The boys remembered one evening in the Middle East where they nearly ended up in jail after a skinny dip with a group of girls. The police warned them they could face 10 years in jail before taking them straight to the airport.
“We got deported basically,” Jimmy said.
As well as struggling with their partying lifestyle and revealing his marriage split, Lee also opened up about struggling with his image after a childhood illness left him without hair.
“I was being obsessive about the way I look,” he said. “I just couldn’t cope with it.”
The Big Reunion delves into the lives of these former pop heroes, exploring what happened after they slipped out of the charts. It airs on Thursday nights.
First published at 11:17, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|