Carlisle man charged with GBH
Published at 13:43, Wednesday, 25 June 2014
A 20-year-old man is to appear before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court accused of an assault which left another man with a fractured skull.
Ryan Scott, of Halla Way, Belah, Carlisle, entered no plea to a charge that he inflicted grievous bodily harm on a man named in court as Arron Elliott on Friday April 18.
Nor did he plead to a second charge that he made off without paying a taxi fare of £9.35 on the same date.
Magistrates in Carlisle were told that the injured man was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary and then transferred to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Newcastle, where he was treated for a skull fracture and bruising on the brain.
Scott’s case was committed to the Crown Court for a hearing on Monday September 22, when the defendant is likely to enter pleas to the allegations.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)